Young volunteers from Clare Hill Community Centre on a site clean-up
Volunteer with us
What can we achieve with volunteers?
Feeling frustrated with the slow pace of change to protect and improve our environment? Want to do something about it? We are looking forward to creating more opportunities for regular volunteering in 2021.
Come along to one of our volunteer work parties and you are likely to experience a variety of tasks, meet with other people and go away with a real sense of achievement. You will help to demonstrate that people can make a difference.
You will also be helping to create and maintain a network of natural green spaces and access routes along our wildlife-rich river valleys. A network which will form part of the 3 Valleys Nature Park – our vision for the future. View 3 Valleys Nature Park brochure here.
Ways to get involved
What are we doing?
Although the pandemic has been disruptive to our work programme we are starting to pick things up again.
- Join our monthly riverside work parties to help spruce up riverside paths and create healthier habitats for nature. Our monthly volunteer sessions keep paths open, gateways attractive and manage wildlife areas.
- Get involved with our programme to extend the network of paths, cycle routes and green spaces for people and wildlife.
- Not keen on getting your hands dirty? – we have other tasks. Help with our access and wildlife surveys along the Colne Valley corridor.
- Spread the word about our great work by being part of our communications and media team.
- Good with social media and IT? Help us campaign and lobby to get our message across and make the best use of our office systems.
- Got legal expertise? Help us set up agreements with our partner organisations in the development of in the 3 Valleys Nature Park.
Our work helps improve community health and well-being and tackle the climate and ecological crisis. We simply can’t just leave it to others.